Stone & Concrete Protectant
Hydro Shield is a stable, emulsion of silanes and siloxanes that penetrates a wide variety of mineral substrates to give excellent repellency to stone and concrete. Hydro Shield has good compatibility on high alkaline surfaces and is formulated to minimize darkening effects and not change the substrate’s appearance.
- Lengthens substrates life
- Reduces maintenance costs
- UV stable
- Resistant to biological contamination
- Substrates remain vapor permeable to resist cracking
- Provides water repellency
1) Surfaces should be cleaned of all contaminants such as dust, dirt, oils, greases, efflorescence, and other coatings. If strong acids or alkalis are used for cleaning the surface during preparation, neutralize the surface and completely rinse to remove any residue. New cementitious substrates should be allowed to cure for 28 days prior to application of Hydro Shield.
2) Hydro Shield may be applied to the dry substrate with a brush, cloth, mop, applicator or roller, or by low pressure sprayer. Two coats are suggested and should be applied wet on wet.
3) When performance diminishes, Hydro Shield may be reapplied.
Appearance: Opaque Liquid
Total Solids: 4.5% minimum
Use Dilution: As Is
Coverage (First Coat): >150 sq. ft./gal. Depends on porosity of substrate
Coverage (Recoating): >150 sq. ft./gal. Depends on porosity of substrate
Storage Stability: Two years minimum in sealed containers
VOC’s, % as is: Less than 3
Protective Clothing: See Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
We manufacture a wide variety of high-quality cleaning chemicals. Check out some of the other products we have to offer our partners.
Check out our other chemical solutions.
Interested? Start the conversation.